To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kennett, MO 63857
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
31B Military Police - Police Officer
Army National Guard • Kennett, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Have you ever dreamed of making an impact? How about serving your community, State, and Nation? As a Military Police Officer for the Army National Guard, you’ll do all of these things by protecting, defending, and upholding the law.
MPs support battlefield operations through circulation control, providing area security, conducting prisoner of war operations, supervising civilian internee operations, and carrying out law and order operations. MPs also support the peacetime Army community by protecting critical resources, implementing crime prevention programs, and preserving law and order.
• Law enforcement patrols
• Interview witnesses, victims, and suspects in investigations
• Crime scene security and processing
• Arrest and charge criminal suspects
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Basic warrior skills and use of firearms
• Military/civil laws and jurisdiction
• Investigating and collecting evidence
• Traffic and crowd control
• Arrest and restraint of suspects
• Interest in law enforcement
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to remain calm under heavy duress
• Ability to interact well with people
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience necessary to enjoy a civilian career in police forces and security firms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Military Police consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on-the-job instruction, including practice in police methods. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.