Optum is committed toproviding the best health services, leading the way to better experiences,better health and lowers costs.
The Optum DigitalAcceleration Team enables that vision by building the world's most comprehensive,digital, information and AI-enabled virtual and home-based care platform. Weachieve better outcomes and experiences for patients and providers, whilereducing the cost of care, through a "customer-centric" approach, in afail-fast, creative, action-oriented and learning culture.
The Regional andLOB Support Director is a member of the Regional and LOB Support team and reportsto the Regional and LOB Support Lead.
The Regional andLOB Support Director develops and executes the strategy of digitally-enabledproducts and services in their designated region, across multiple CDOs, orbusiness services. The Director will oversee a dedicated project manager andvirtual visit program manager, as well as coordinate and manage additionalsupport resources as needed. The Director is the strategic partner to theregional or business service leadership, accountable for driving materialchange in designated metrics within each annual plan (i.e. patient retention,NPS, inpatient utilization, etc.).
The Director willpartner in an agile development process and scrum team with Optum Technologyand Optum Digital to create new digital products and services, directing andsupporting others to resolve business problems that affect their CDOs across multiplefunctions or disciplines. Together with the program managers, the OperationsDirector will source and share use cases and business needs, define the valueproposition. Once solutions are created, the Director will implement solutionsin an agile and iterative manner to drive adoption.
- Serve as the digital strategic partner for each regional or business service leadership team
- Manage outcomes of various studies such as patient and provider stories, call center
- information, operational and claims data, that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Accountable for execution and adoption, materially impacting defined business goals
- Build trust among key stakeholders, and manage multiple layers of regional/CDO management and senior level professional staff
- Participate in cross-functional scrum team to source use cases, business value proposition and inform product and services
- Serve as a bridge to coordinate between Center for Digital Health and Innovation, and front-line operational needs
- Create planned workflows, training collateral, change management information, and ad hoc resources to support new digital products and services
- Coordinate involvement of Center resources, including training and change management experts, program managers,
- Support program manager in iterating and driving experience and adoption solutions
- Document processes and provide input to the Best Practice forum, Clinical Champions, and national Strategy team
- Moderate tohigh job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflictingand sometimes changing deadlines.
- Position isbased in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Flexible worklocation with opportunity to work in Minneapolis or Denver, or work from
You'll be rewarded and recognized for yourperformance in an environment that will challenge you and give you cleardirection on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's inBusiness Administration, Public Health or Health Administration, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years ofprogressive responsibility with process improvement initiatives
- Up to 25%travel required to partner directly with care delivery organizations
- Experience inProduct Development
- Provider/OperationsCare Service Knowledge
- Digital heathplatform experience
- Experienceworking in a change management environment.
- Advancedproficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Results andsolutions oriented
- Ability torapidly engage with a new problem, and rapidly drive solutioning
- Ability tointeract one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management
- Expert inplanning and defining approach to gather business requirements
- Comfortinforming product use cases
- Comfort withhuman-centered design and design thinking principles
- Comfortablemanaging in a flexible, changing and virtual environment, with the ability tobe ready to adjust plans and direction in response to local feedback and theiterative nature of digital health projects.
- Ability tosynthesize complex information to drive decision-making
- Operationalexperience, to ground recommendations in clinical and business serviceworkflows
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giantobjective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to howwe use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guidehealth and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, ourfirst goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together someof the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go inorder to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on highperformance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum,incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an EqualEmployment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required topass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Dir Bus Anlys, Eden Prairie,MN, Minnesota