1st Shift, 8:00-5:00
Job Title: Process Engineer- Metals
Exemption Status: Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for ensuring manufacturing processes are working efficiently and effectively to reduce waste in order to produce quality products; ensuring process improvements for solving technical operating problems as they relate to metals processing, mechanical and metals forming and microstructure characterization.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
• Ensures adherence to manufacturing quality standards. Utilize both destructive and non-destructive techniques. Be able to investigate corrosion and metal fatigue/ failures.
• Engineers and manages continuous efforts to improve OEE, productivity and capabilities of equipment and products by working with managers to improve the process. Research and assimilate information generated by others with the aim of solving relevant metallurgical issues.
• Extensive knowledge of secondary processes of metals, such as surface treatments, coatings and metals hardening and annealing. Investigate sources of non-conforming materials.
• Reviews processes and activities related to the development of new processes, including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluation of process costs and quality with the use of statistical analysis, root cause and other current related tools.
• Leads and trains Process Engineers; provides assistance with questions as needed.
• Leads and coordinates activities to ensure knowledge creation/sharing and integration within department and throughout the organization.
• Participates in developing work programs and project activities such as assessments, position papers, brainstorming, making presentations and special studies.
Internal and External Audits
• Reviews and analyzes quality and measurement processes to determine where technological improvements would benefit operations, cost reduction, or quality; plans and administers internal and external audits.
Equipment Preventive Maintenance and Usage
• Manages and engineers continuous improvement efforts to improve capacity, productivity and capabilities of equipment and plant by working with Maintenance to establish preventive maintenance program in order to improve machine usage and optimal efficiency; establishes processes for equipment usage.
Budget and Capital Planning
• Support management in capital planning budget, ensure all processes remain within set parameters.
• OEE improvement and control processes including but not limited to Kaizen; change over times; fault analysis; lean manufacturing methodologies for cost reduction, production and continuous improvement; establish standardized work procedures and continually check processes for improvement.
• Attends meetings as required or assigned.
• Communicates and gives input regarding performance evaluations.
• Team player and able to build and maintain relationships, both internal and external.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Special Job Dimensions
• Will be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawing, and models
• Knowledge of advanced math and their applications
• Knowledge of computer software, including Access, Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, CAD (Catia or Solid Works); Material Resource Planning, Mini Tab and SAP preferred
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing of goods and Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma training tools
• Knowledge of quality control and testing procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work well under deadlines, and ability to work well with a cross-functional team to accomplish results
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in metallurgy or chemical engineering.
• 5-7 years of related industrial experience/ with metallurgy degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based upon job-related factors such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform the essential functions of a particular job. It is the policy and practice of this Company to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under the applicable federal, state or local law. Support of and belief in this principle is an expectation of all Company employees.
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations as necessary and where required by law so long as the accommodation does not pose and undue hardship. This policy is not intended to afford employees with any greater protections than those which exist under federal, state or local law.
The Company requires reporting of all instances of discrimination and harassment immediately to Human Resources, Legal or an officer of the company, and prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination, harassment, or participates in an investigation of such report. Appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination, will be taken against any employee who violates this policy. We believe that our continued success depends upon our ability to maintain a leadership role in the attraction, development and retention of a highly competent and diverse work force and create a productive and safe environment. Our management is guided by ethical standards that comply with legal requirements. These standards will be implemented consistently by the Company to ensure that equality is afforded to all applicants and employees.
Process Improvements (Business)
Continuous Improvement Process
Business Process Improvement
Overall Equipment Effectiveness