SOCIAL WORKER, MSW, LCSW
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida's hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 4000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
It takes the contribution of many individuals to make Mount Sinai the world-class institution it is today. As a team, we have focused our efforts on assuring that our patients receive high quality medical care. We're looking for motivated professionals who seek the challenge and stimulation of working in an academic medical center with an international reputation.
- An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Savings plan with company match
- A variety of health, dental and vision plans
- On-site childcare, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
1.Based on referral from Case Manager completes comprehensive psychosocial assessments to evaluate the patient / family to identify ability to meet patient care needs.
2.Serves as a resources to hospital staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of patient illness. Ensures integration of the interdisciplinary team in understanding and integrating these aspects into the plan of care.
3.Provides crisis intervention ,supportive counseling and initiates referrals to appropriate resources to ensure patient /family psychosocial and emotional needs are addressed.
4.Maintains current knowledge and researches availability of community agencies and community resources for social, emotional or financial assistance. Maintains collaborative relationship with post-acute providers and community services.
5. In collaboration with the Case Manager, provides information, education to patient/family on community resources and options for post-acute care appropriate to the age of the patient served. Initiates referrals to community agencies as needed. As patient is transferred, communicates pertinent information to next Social Worker and Case Manager to transition the patient to the next level of care.
6. Facilitates discharge arrangements in collaboration with patient/family and the healthcare team ensuring arrangements meet patient continuing care needs. Ensures services are arranged and communicated. As needed, follow up to ensure services provided as arranged. Understands placement intricacies and can interpret requirements from state, local, and federal agencies to optimize placement of patients in the most appropriate setting Aligns needs of patient with appropriate placement options.
7. Identifies and records clinical, psychosocial and financial barriers to a smooth transition across the healthcare continuum and assists in identifying and facilitating system improvements. Utilizes communication, negotiation ,and advocacy skills with patient/family, staff, healthcare team, and community resources.
8.Participates in weekend rotation and takes calls as scheduled. Promptly responds to requests for consultative services to patients after normal working hours .
9.Serves as a consultant for processing issues such as guardianship, abuse /neglect, power of attorney, healthcare surrogate, advance directives, psychiatric involuntary admission, Baker Act. Initiates/completes forms required for post-acute placement.
10.Documents activities with entries that are consistent with entries that are consistent with meeting department/hospital requirements, licensure and regulatory guidelines. Support interdisciplinary team conferences and contribute to the planning and review of care for patients presented as needed.
11.Participates in quality improvement activities to effect optimal outcomes for the patient and MSMC/MHI. Utilizes data, trends and reports to proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and promote leading practice.
- CPR certification required. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate within 6 months of employment.Masters in Social Work Degree.