Title: Quality Engineer
Job ID: 19-00353
Location: New Haven
Salary: Open and Competitive
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Direct
Shift: All Shifts
Ensuring Customer Satisfaction. Under limited supervision, performs quality related activities. Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System.
Team leader in problem solving activities for root cause and the development and validation of corrective action.
- Develop and maintain Bluebook content
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to production of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure the products/processes comply with the relevant requirements of the Quality Management System
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective actions.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints
- Responsible for decision making of questionable product
- Maintain the Internal/External Complaint log
- Maintains the Quality Q for daily update
- Maintains the Fast Response board for new issues, documentation updates and closure within a timely manner
- Maintains the LPA System
- Responsible for updates on current issues and new issues at daily meetings and provides
- Assists the Quality Inspectors with Gage R&R's
- Issues Quality Alerts and reviews with Inspectors
- Initiate temporary deviations as applicable
- Attends APQP, Gage Design and PFMEA review meetings
- Participates in ISO/TS16949 Auditing
- Assists with the training of Quality Inspectors
- Assist with Gage Calibration
- Customer communication through phone calls, emails and customer visits
- Responsible to report on Quality Metrics
- Annual PPAP submissions and Initial submissions as required
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Minimum level of education & training:
- Metrology Certification or 2-year degree, or a minimum of 10 yrs. Exp. In a Quality Eng./Mgr role
- Classes in Metrology preferred
- Blueprint reading/GD&T
Minimum level of knowledge and skills required:
- Previous experience with GM corrective actions/reporting is required
- Ability to follow direction and work independently as well as within a team
- Computer knowledge (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint/Minitab)
- Analytical / Problem Solving skills
- Experience using metrology equipment
Resolve Quality Issue
Perform Statistical Analysis
Use Statistical Tool
Use Quality Tool