Volt is currently looking for experienced Purchasing Clerks that will be responsible for completing various tasks, usually clerical in nature, related to the inward movement of goods, supplies and raw materials into an organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but not limited to:
- Full cycle purchasing and receiving duties: place orders, maintain orders, follow up on open orders, receive orders into GP.
- Preparing, inputting, editing purchase requests from various departments accurately and timely.
- Respond to vendor inquiries about clarifying orders, changes in requests, delivery requirements.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files and reports.
- Download and print all digital invoices.
- A/R invoice adjustments as assigned by management.
- Audit UPS & FedEx invoices for cancelled accounts, rebill, follow- up until completed, and report the invalid accounts numbers to Accounting Manager.
- Audit UPS & FedEx invoices for address corrections, perform charge backs, and report them to both Customer Service & Accounting Manager.
- Handle intercepts, reroutes, prepaid labels, claims, and tracers as well as assist with stuck international shipments as needed.
- Re-bill shipping charges for incorrectly shipped orders.
- Generate excel packing list on large drop ship orders.
- Perform any/all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college, or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good communication skills to deal with people internal to the company, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, courier companies and sometimes government officials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computers and software such as Microsoft Excel as well as data processing skills.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit long hours; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear in person or on phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For immediate consideration, please contact the Volt Fresno, CA office immediately! Phone number blocked - click to apply!