To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hardware / Software Technician
Novitex Enterprise Solutions • New York, NY
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Exempt Status
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Hardware / Software Technician position in New York, NY. The shift for this position will be 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, working Monday – Friday.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
The Tech Specialist will work closely with end users to install, maintain and troubleshoot desktop, laptop and audio-visual hardware and software.
A Hardware / Software Technician’s daily tasks will involve:
- Take down/move/set up computers and peripherals during office moves, including cable management
- New hire computer setup and cable management
- Accompany vendors while onsite
- Computer software configuration
- Pack, ship and unbox technical equipment
- Perform monthly technical equipment inventory
- Perform monthly security patching of stock and loaner computers
- Image desktops and laptops
- Move and set-up technical equipment (i.e. computers, monitors, etc.)
- Set up and troubleshoot video conferences
- Serve as the frontline contact in resolving software/hardware issues that arise in the daily use of computers, computer peripherals and MS Office applications
- First level support to LaserJet printer issues (clear jams, replace fusers, replace PM parts, restock paper, etc).
- Encrypt USB thumb drives and portable hard drives
- Assist with fulfilling copy/print/imaging work, mail center activities and hospitality set up/tear down
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- The ideal candidate will possess an Associate Degree, preferably in a technical field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, Windows 7, and Document Management Systems.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for resolving technical issues.
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships.
- Demonstrate teamwork; is receptive to and acts upon input from other team members, is willing and able to compromise, displays willingness to work with all employees, willingly assists other employees with overload work as requested and able.
- Demonstrate initiative; contributes new ideas, is self-motivated, obtains/maintains a working knowledge of relevant practice areas/clients.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and effective use of time (ability to plan daily work, set priorities and manage time to ensure work is timely and efficiently completed).
- Utilize firm procedures and resources appropriately to ensure efficient delivery of work product.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality standards, keeps confidential all information concerning firm matters and clients.
- Strong organization skills.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS