To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1125 North College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LPN Northwest Regional Programs Clinics
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences • Fayetteville, AR
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Schedule: Full-Time, Days
Location: Springdale and Fayetteville, Arkansas
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing and primary care services to assigned patients in the Northwest Regional Program Clinics. This includes, but is not limited to, providing direct patient care by checking and recording vital signs, assisting providers with minor surgeries, injections, lab tests and other office procedures. This person will document information related to a patient’s present illness, update medications, family and social history, diagnostic reports and other pertinent data in the electronic medical records. He/she will Prepare, issue and finalize patient encounters and health summary forms, which are used by the nursing and physician staff. This person will schedule special procedures and physician consultations with appropriate referral information including prior authorization for commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid. He/she will maintain good working relationships with patients, physicians and co-workers. This person will be required to float between both clinics (Springdale and Fayetteville). This position will require rotation through the night clinic.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.Responsibilities
DIRECT PATIENT CARE DUTIES
- Prepares patients for clinic visits by obtaining vitals and entering data into the EHR; accompanying patient to assigned exam room; obtaining patient HPI; updating active problems and medication lists, and updating allergies and past surgical and medical history.
- Communicates brief summary of reason for patient’s visit to provider.
- Gathers and places supplies and instruments appropriate for anticipated exams and/or procedure, based on stated reason for appointment or information gleaned during the intake.
- Assists the provider with patient care, to include injections, EKG’s, spirometry, procedures, dressing changes, wound care, etc.
- Escorts patient to clinic lab or radiology, if needed, and monitors progress to ensure prompt return to exam room upon completion.
- Enters verbal orders for providers when patient load on schedule demands additional data entry support.
- Reinforces patient education and instructions at conclusion of visit.
- Assists patient in scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Directs patients to PCT/Referral Coordinator when outgoing referral is ordered by provider.
- Works with residents and clinic attending(s) to maintain a timely flow of patients.
- Exhibits competency with technical skills and EHR documentation.
- Exhibits professionalism by maintaining a positive working relationship with patients, providers and employees.
INDIRECT PATIENT CARE DUTIES
- Refills prescriptions that are received via electronic transmission, fax, or on the nurses’ voice mail or on the dedicated pharmacy line.
- Schedules outside procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Completes pre-certifications and prior authorizations.
- Acts as phone triage nurse on assigned rotation.
- Enters referral orders for unlicensed staff members involved in referral workflow.
- Remains cognizant of and maximizes the scope of practice for a Licensed Practical (or Vocational) Nurse.
- Contributes to the education of residents and students of various disciplines as they rotate through the clinic.
- Enhances his/her professional growth and development through continuing education opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program is required. Valid LPN License, 2 or more years of LPN experience. Excellent communication skills, strong work ethics and accountability, basic computer skills.
Preferred: 3 or more years of nursing experience with current BLS certification.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background [and registry (if applicable)] check [and drug screen (if safety sensitive position)]. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.