Looking for an opportunity to work with a talented team and expand your experience in supporting Weapons Test and Evaluation (T&E) projects?
SSI needs to add an Engineer to support our current list of services provided to the U.S. Navy. These positions, located at the White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) in White Sands, New Mexico, will provide engineering, technical, logistics, and administrative support in the planning, maintenance, preparation, execution, launch operations and post-test phases to the W Department of the Navy Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme Division (NSWC PHD).
- Develop software solutions by studying requirements, analysis and information needs, conferring with customers and Program Manager; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Implement software changes IAW established Configuration Management Plans.
- Develop test plans and perform testing for all levels (IV though VI) to validate software, hardware, firmware or configuration modifications proposed.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Execute policies and standards, as they relate to test systems / facilities, network security and protocols.
If this aligns with your experience and sounds like it is the career path you wish to progress, these are the requirements to be considered for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree or greater is required from an accredited college or university in an engineering, computer science, or technical STEM discipline.
- Five years of professional experience in performing computer hardware engineering, software design, computer or software requirements management, computer systems or software integration, and using systems engineering software tools.
- Knowledge of WSMR Operations
- Ability to deploy to both CONUS and OCONUS locations
The following qualifications are desired:
- Ability to develop and evaluate real time systems, control systems, complex modeling and safety critical software both ground based and flight based.
- Experience in system software design, documentation, configuration management and debug for flight vehicles and support systems.
- Software development language skills for current programming languages C, C++, C Sharp, JAVA, Python and scripting languages. Working knowledge on scripting API’s, JAVA Script, SQL and data base management.
- Knowledge for ground based and flight system instrumentation and telemetry system software to include video, serial, digital and analog formats and transport.
This position is contingent upon contract award and is anticipated to start in May of 2023.
Must possess a valid driver’s license. U.S. Citizenship and must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance required for hire, and to be maintained throughout employment. All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Positive Office environment
- Professional and knowledgeable team and leadership
- Business Office hours
What's In It for Me?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including:
- Company-subsidized PPO Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Education Assistance
- Company-subsidized Corporate Fitness Program
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance with an option to increase coverage.
- Company-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
What Your Experience Working For Us Will Be Like
Ask any of our employees and they will tell you SSI is a great place to work with an upbeat and positive culture. We take pride in our work to continuously improve on our performance in a manner that enhances the mission of the agencies we serve while expanding opportunities for our employees and our company.
About Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI)
Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI), is an award-winning, 20-year government contracting agency focused on the areas of logistics, engineering, management, and information technology. SSI is a growing organization committed to exceeding customer expectations, to continually improving all products, services, and processes, and to perform all work with the commitment to upholding the highest standards and ethics.
Ready to apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the ‘apply’ button below. Good luck!
Powered by JazzHR
- C (Programming Language)
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Architectures
- Configuration Management