This position will support the VP of Operations as well as the Senior Leadership Team. The Director of Real Estate & Facilities will be responsible for the development, management, and execution of the all Real Estate and Facility strategy/programs throughout the company portfolio of owned and leased locations in the US and Canada. This includes regulatory compliance, life cycle planning, building maintenance services, capital forecasting/management, and project management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Negotiate a wide variety of real estate transactions such as new leases, renewals, amendments and subleases including drafting and preparation of agreements and related documents
• Manage the Capital Asset Requisition (CAR) process for all real estate projects
• Manage the real estate financial obligations and annual CapEx budget/forecast; review of annual CAM, Tax and OpEx expenses for lease compliance on a per lease basis
• Serve as Administrator of the Lease Administration system/database; manage and monitor key/critical dates such as renewal and termination options
• Serve as Project Manager on major capital projects and store relocations/closures
• Perform due diligence on properties which are part of potential business acquisitions; manage efforts to successfully integrate acquired (leased or owned) facilities
• Determine various obligations as stated in the leases; pursue landlords for compliance (as needed); recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary
• Maximize the effective use of physical assets, (furniture, people, space, etc.) to reduce expenses; plan and coordinate space reconfigurations at TruckPro’s Store Support Center
• Manage the facility needs and requirements of each location, working closely with field management
• Effectively present information to Senior Leadership Team and Field Leadership; present lease deals and large project CapEx for approval at monthly Real Estate committee meetings
• Lead and coordinate all environmental compliance initiatives and activities; serve as primary point of contact for environmental consultants and regulated waste disposal vendors
• Ability to complete an RFP for multiple projects in a timely manner – To include all trades.
• Assist in safety related responsibilities, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, Engineering or other qualitative field or equivalent work experience is required
• Minimum 8 years progressive experience in management of real estate, facilities, leases, and construction, including specific experience in the following areas (multi-markets preferred):
o Strong understanding and competency negotiating different types of leases (MG, NN, NNN, NNNN, FSG) either directly or with broker assistance
o Conduct/Obtain market surveys and assessments; ability to determine Fair Market Rate
o Understanding of broker competencies and ability to select brokers based on needs of a specific project
o Capable of creating Capital budgets on an annual and per project basis
o Substantial knowledge of physical security systems to assist in loss prevention
Capable of basic design of building alarm systems and access control (via vendor installation/support)
o Basic knowledge of environmental compliance such as Phase 1 and 2 reports, federal and state permitting, and disposal of regulated wastes, including hazardous wastes
o Working knowledge of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems preferred, but not required
Capable of analyzing quotes for mechanical, electrical, lighting, plumbing, roofing, asphalt, concrete and general facility repairs to determine the appropriate solution and the best value
Capable of writing scope of work for major projects such as a store remodel
Provide project management (primarily remotely) for large capital projects
Understanding of store/office signage, including use of materials, permitting, etc.
o General understanding of property and liability insurance
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to understand technical terms associated with building trades/construction
• Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Conducts financial analysis to evaluate lease proposals, ROI, etc. and communicates accordingly.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Products including: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Must possess strong organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal customers; provide support to the field leadership while at the same time balancing the need to control expenses.
• Experience using Lease Administration database systems
Mergers And Acquisitions