Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.PT Pharmacist
Regular Part-Time# of Openings:
Beltsville, MD (CAPS Maryland)Overview
CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation’s largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.Responsibilities
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Adheres to all policies and procedures
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique and CAPS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures pharmacy compliance with rules and regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy and other regulating agencies.
- Reviews orders and prescriptions for admixing and dispensing.
- Resolves order discrepancies and problems with customer pharmacy personnel. Provides after hour On Call coverage.
- Participates in CAPS Continuous Quality Improvement Program and performs Quality Control functions as assigned.
- Assists in successful pharmacy operation: troubleshooting equipment problems, ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Maintains positive customer relationships.
- May supervise IV Technicians and interns; reviews works for accuracy while ensuring compliance with CAPS SOPs.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers.
- Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree or PharmD required.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed, Valid Pharmacist license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work – Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Constantly:Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Sitting , Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
- Constantly:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Standing
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most areas)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment
- Constantly:Lab environment
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Notices
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Business Ethics
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Self Motivation