Our Service Tech Apprentice - HVAC, assists service technicians in performing routine inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of HVAC Systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve health-care facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Assists service technicians in the disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential HVAC equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance.
- Assists in diagnosing HVAC equipment performance through observation, testing and setup as required by position.
- Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Participates in technician on-call/stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Maintains equipment, vehicle, and tools.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant HVAC experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field is preferred. Craft training is preferred.
- Maintains required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- HVAC Maintenance Skills:
- Filter change out
- Belt change out
- Coil cleaning and DST
- Must be able to use app-based technology.
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Demonstrate strong business ethics at all times.
- Present professional appearance.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
- Business Ethics
- Interpersonal Skills