The Systems Support Technician - Staff is responsible to coordinate, implement, support, maintain and troubleshoot computers, networks, and other devices. Fully functioning, journey-level professional with experience in most aspects of system support and technology. Incumbent's ability encompasses broad knowledge required within the support specialty area. Typically implements designs or approaches developed by others. Functions independently and produces results that meet standards of quality, timeliness and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction.
Essential Job Duties
1. Performs onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of information technology problems (computers, networks, IP phones, wireless, printers, scanners, etc.), and recommends and implements corrective solutions. Assists other teams to resolve issues.
2. Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
3. Resolves and documents resolution of service desk incidents and requests in a timely manner as specified by approved Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
4. Participates in the Implementation and support of network devices and systems.
5. Participates in completing projects following enterprise standards. Assists in ensuring that key stakeholders both inside and outside of Information Systems are updated on project status, issues, barriers, etc.
6. Assists in creating and maintains critical support documentation in the enterprise defined knowledge repository.
7. Implements enterprise defined security policies (hardware and software) and assists in the monitoring of compliance for users, systems and devices.
8. Assists in defining enterprise standards, processes, and procedures.
• Valid driver's license. (Position may often require individual to travel between facilities to provide support)
• Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of experience. Bachelor's degree in computer science field or management information systems. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified. Or, four years experience in a system support or other computer science / management information system related technical field (hardware support, etc.)
• Three years of system support experience, or any combination of computer related technical education (computer science / management of information systems or other similar technology based degree) and other computer science / management of information or systems related technical field experience.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Demonstrated in depth understanding of networking fundamentals and active directory.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of industry standard email systems.
• Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
• Support the weight of IT equipment while transporting it. Push or pull portable equipment, including heavy items.
• Ascend and descend stairs or ladders to service IT equipment needs.
• Move around on hands and knees. Lower body by bending at the hips and the knees or to place body weight on one or both knees.
• Raise or lower an object from one level to another.
• Operate IT equipment, tools, and computers requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
• See and read computer monitors and documents.
• Transport oneself from place to place.
• Certifications: CompTIA A Plus, CompTIA Network Plus, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Certification
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience in a healthcare environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
Comp Tia Network+
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
Management Information Systems