Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 19047
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To design, develop and evaluate welding consumables and associated processes; to conduct applied research into new areas of welding consumable design and/or on new welding processes.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES):
- Lead projects and project teams to develop and document novel manufacturing, testing, and characterization methodologies and protocols related to synthesis and physical property measurements of powders, lubricants and functional coatings, arc welding process-consumable interactions, metal-metal wear and metal surface characterization by applying engineering and scientific principles
- Develop welding consumables, welding processes and test methodologies and/or systems/processes in consideration of market needs, industry codes/standards, and manufacturing capabilities
- Provide product development and support with a primary focus on technology and product development and process improvement to ensure the consumable product lines deliver targeted performance and cost
- Provide direct customer support in the use of consumable products; facilitate development of manufacturing process capabilities to support introduction of new products
- Facilitate technology transfers among Lincoln subsidiary companies
- Establish standards and methodologies for, and conduct evaluations of product performance; develop/refine test methods, as applicable, to support new product development and product evaluations
- Maintain records of all work in process and document interim and final results in the applicable format.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Welding Engineering
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience must include: independent research; manufacturing processes, including welding or casting; arc welding process optimization; material property characterization techniques, including metallography, electron microscopy, and spectroscopy; and synthesis and characterization of ceramic and metal powders.
- Working understanding of Design for Six Sigma and statistical Design of Experiments methodologies.
- Works effectively as team member and team leader.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Research & Development
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
New Product Development