Food Production AssociateCorestaff is seeking production staff for 1st and 2nd shifts at a food manufacturing company in Carson. Pay for this role with experience is $14.00. First shift begins at 6:30am, and second shift at 3:30pm. This position is responsible for performing all the activities pertaining to operating energized and automated equipment in the preparation, assembly and/or packaging of food products. Contributes to the team’s efforts in obtaining production efficiencies and follows methods and instructions to operate the equipment. The employee must follow the Health/Safety and Food Safety Program established by the Company.
- Flawless Execution – Accountability
- Food Safety and Quality
- Strong Safety orientation
- Strong attention to Detail and Accuracy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Inspects equipment and tools to be used during the production to ensure the equipment is clean, sanitary and according to our safety standards
- Operates one of the following machines/equipment within the savory area: Packline, Autoprod, World Cup, Cryovac, Wepack/it, Food Slicer, Ribbon Blender and Automatic Can Opener.
- Assembles equipment and ensures accuracy according to packaging specifications.
- Confirms accuracy of weight sheets and label documentation and the paperwork is completed without error
- Assures the WIP products and packaging materials are stored according to Food Safety Standards and HACCP programs.
- Notifies management of problems with ingredients, raw materials, changes, variations and specifications
- Performs area housekeeping as required.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as directed.
- Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
- Reports all issues and problems to Supervisor.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training.
- Reports any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Performs area housekeeping as required.
- Performs only job functions that they have been trained on and fully understand.
- Is punctual, on time, and adheres to company attendance policies. Regular Attendance is an essential job function.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education preferred; or up to one year related experience or training in a food manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in AIB preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to perform unit measures, conversion calculations and other mathematical calculations reasonably necessary to satisfactorily perform job duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds 15 times/hour for up to 10 hours. The employee must frequently bend low and/or reach high, push and/or pull up to 1,000 pounds using mechanical devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
Packaging And Labeling
Attention To Detail
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points