CALLING ALL CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND FIRE SCIENCE STUDENTS!!!
If you have the passion to work in public safety, law enforcement or fire science field, let Securitas Security Services help YOU build your resume by gaining knowledge and experience you can use for your future!
We are seeking motivated, extremely friendly individuals to fill open security guard positions. Ideal candidates should have strong customer service skills, the ability to utilize computers, and maintain a professional appearance at all times.
We currently have positions in the Rockford, Rockton, Belvidere, Dekalb and Rochelle areas.
Pay rates start at $10.00 -$12/hour (depending on location and job site)
Why Join Securitas you as ask?
*Securitas has the industries best benefits including the following and so many more!
- medical (FT)
- dental (FT)
- vision (FT)
- paid vacation time (FT)
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
Everyday Job Functions:
- Maintains all equipment
- Follows post orders
- Access control
- Patrols premises
- Reports suspicious activity
- Responds in emergency situations
- Preserves order
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (some positions require at least 21 years of age)
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
Come be a piece of the Securitas Armor and help us shield our client from harm