Nowcom is a leading provider of dealer management solutions (DMS), specifically catering to the independent automobile dealer’s needs. DealerCenter is Nowcom’s all in one dealer management software solution that gives the dealer total control over their sales, inventory, insurance offerings, and financing through a web-based platform. As an authorized credit reseller, Nowcom provides dealerships access to all three major credit bureaus. DealerCenter.net is utilized by over 19,000 dealerships across the United States.
Additionally, as a part of the Hankey Group of Companies, Nowcom provides infrastructure support, custom software development, and call center services to its seven sister companies. Along with the other companies in the organization, Nowcom has experienced 20% growth YoY over the last decade. The Hankey Group employs over 2,800 people and has assets exceeding $8.9 billion. Nowcom has 4 offices located across the globe, with locations in India, Philippines, Marina Del Rey, and Los Angeles.
Los Angeles, CA
Nowcom is ideally located near the heart of the city next to the Miracle Mile district along Wilshire Blvd. South of Hollywood and in between Downtown and Santa Monica, nothing in Los Angeles seems to be too far from Nowcom’s headquarters near Wilshire Blvd and Highland Ave.
Culture and Benefits
At Nowcom, we fully understand that a company’s most valuable resource is its people. Nowcom offers a generous benefits package that includes up to 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401K and ESOP matching program, company retreats and outings, as well as a partially sponsored health and wellness benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Nowcom also offers access to a corporate gym and on-site yoga classes at its main location on Wilshire Blvd.
Information Security Analyst
In the role of Information Security Analyst, you will focus on the evaluation, architecture, development, deployment, and operation of network, endpoint and cloud security solutions. Team player, frequently work with other within Nowcom System Dept, and look externally to partner with unique and innovative security companies. Provides support for proposing, coordinating,
The Information Security Analyst need to contribute for a continuous development and delivery of a comprehensive information security and privacy program for all Hankey Group Companies. Hankey Group consists of 7 entities, Westlake Service, LLC and its affiliates, Knight Management and its affiliates, Nowcom Corporation and its affiliates, Midway Rent a Car and its affiliates, HFC Acceptance, Toyota North Hollywood and its affiliates, Hankey Investment.
The Information Security Analyst reports to Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). Together with CISO coordinates all activities related to the confidentiality, availability, integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as industry regulations and laws. The successful Information Security Analyst can drive projects on a multi-dimensional and fast paced environment.
The role is responsible for identifying, evaluating, reporting, and managing information security risks in ways that meet compliance, regulatory requirements and affirm business trust. This requires proactive collaboration with business unit and engineering partners to ensure alignment and application of practices that both support corporate business goals and meet defined policies and standards for information security.
Our Enterprise environment is based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our customer and business growth. Hankey Group has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. The candidate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the planning and development of Hankey Group (HG) information security and privacy capabilities.
- Collaborate with IT, Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to implement and communicate on proper security controls for the HG products and IT infrastructure.
- Establish appropriate policies, standards and controls to protect business assets based on the threat landscape and risks inherent to the HG business.
- Work with the business to educate, advise, and influence activities with security and privacy risk implications
- Maintain governance and proper protection for data assets stored on internal systems and the public cloud.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory and legal requirements applicable to the HG business. Stay current with applicable Compliance, Legal, & Regulatory changes impacting the HG business.
- Together with CISO define, implement and execute the Security Incident Response process as overall coordinator during incident response. This includes coordination with law enforcement, relevant professional services firms, internal/external communications, incident investigation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Manage and report on the Information Security and Privacy program performance to CISO.
- Be part of business continuity planning and testing.
- Provide cybersecurity updates and communications to CISO.
- Participate in enterprise risk management process, develop and drive risk mitigation and remediation plans.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field & minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Well versed in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Update existing documentation when enhancements are released
- Manage the IT release communication, including company-wide email communication and conference calls
- Assist in gathering and documenting project requests and requirements.
- Attend project scope and prioritization meetings
Requirements An ideal candidate would have:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in PCI environment (Payment Card Industries Standard)
- Windows OS, Linux (Ubuntu)
- AlienVault SEIM
- PaloAlto Network Layer 7 Firewall
- Netflow, Syslog (Kibana, Logstath, and elasticsearch)
- Development experience (Python, Perl, shell scripting, or similar)
- Certifications in GSLC, CISM, & CEH are a plus
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Business Continuity Planning