To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richton, MS 39476
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TCS Part-Time Field Interviewer
RTI International • Richton, MS
Posted 29 days ago
RTI is currently seeking survey research Field Interviewers to work on the National Panel of Tobacco Consumer Studies (TCS). The FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (FDA-CTP) is conducting the TCS to better understand what tobacco users know or how they feel about FDA regulatory actions. Candidates must be able to work from late June to November 2019, depending on geographic location and production needs. Additional work may be available beyond November 2019.
The Field Interviewer (FI) conducts field work for survey research projects conducted by RTI International. FIs prepare for and conduct data collection operations according to project protocols. FIs ensure that field data collection activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, that data collected are of the highest possible quality, and all activities are conducted in a professional manner following established procedures.
- Successful experience with in-person screening of households and conducting field interviews
- Available to work a schedule of approximately 25-30 non-travel hours per week to conduct screening/enrollment during field data collection period
- Available and willing to work primarily weekday evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- A minimum of 10-12 hours must be spent working weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Available to spend at least 4 consecutive hours (not counting travel time) contacting sampled households and eligible adults during each visit to the field
- Work with supervisor and complete assignments on schedule
- Available and willing to work evening and weekend hours as required by your specific assignments
- Obtain cooperation of household members and sampled adults by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns about screening and panel enrollment
- Correctly obtain informed consent
- Screen households and enroll sampled adults following prescribed protocols
- Accurately complete all project documents and reports including interviewer observation surveys, interview-related paperwork, and any other reporting forms
- Assume full and legal responsibility for use and care of all tablet computers and other equipment, taking reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard against damage, loss, or theft, and returning all equipment at the conclusion of the assignment or at the request of your supervisor
- Adhere strictly to project deadlines for screening households, enrolling sampled adults, reporting progress, submitting case documentation, and returning materials and equipment to RTI
- Follow-up with panel members who do not respond to periodic panel surveys, including tracing those who may have moved
- Follow-up with panel members who are experiencing technical difficulties accessing the panel website or completing online surveys, if requested by supervisor
- Conduct activities to replace panel members who leave the panel, depending on production needs
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field
- Transmit data to RTI each day you work and a minimum of 3 times per week
- Submit timely and accurate time and expense reports
- Assume responsibility for and carefully track all panel member cash payments
- Maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with supervisor and other project staff, objectively sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project management’s concerns
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Keep supervisor informed of problem areas that might affect progress
- Available for possible overnight travel if remote segments are part of the assignment area
- Proper administration of panel enrollment protocols for eligible individuals
TRAINING & PAY:
- Review a Field Interviewing manual and complete a home study assignment prior to attending training
- Travel to, attend and successfully complete a 4-day FI training session, including certification, training location to be determined.
- For bilingual, Spanish-speaking FIs: Successfully complete all components of the RTI bilingual certification program, a ½ day supplementary training immediately following the main training event
- Pay for this position will be according to Service Contract Act (SCA) requirements
- High school graduate with 1 year of experience directly or indirectly related to experience in interviewing
- Available for entire project training and data collection period
- Able to successfully complete training (requires travel)
- Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
- Experience using a tablet or smartphone
- Ability to read text verbatim from a tablet screen and paper documents
- Have a reliable personal automobile available for business use
- Have regular access to a wireless internet connection (i.e., Wi-Fi) as needed for data transmissions
- Have regular access to a computer with internet connection for completion of administrative responsibilities
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends on a weekly and regular basis
- Able to keep project information private
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org .
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.