To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Services Rep - Hattiesburg, MS
Merchants Foodservice • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 21 days ago
TITLE OF POSITION: Credit Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Accounts Receivable
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Credit Manager
DATE SUBMITTED: September 2016
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS: Must have some college or A/R experience. Must have intermediate knowledge of Accounting principles and an aptitude for numbers. Must be able to operate 10-key adding machine and have some computer knowledge. Must have the ability to work under stress with both sales representatives, customers, delivery drivers, employees, and supervisors. Must have clear understanding of legal procedures for approving and extending credit to customers. Position also requires some travel and filing of legal proceedings.
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: Must have the physical ability to reach storage binders shelved from six to eight feet above the floor. Must have the physical ability to operate 10-key adding machine and ability to input data utilizing a computer. Must have excellent communication skills.
Credit Analyst are accountable for compelling delinquent debtors to reimburse their past due bills.
1. The Credit Analyst is responsible for assessing the credit risk and viability of potential and existing clients as will as establishing their credit limit.
2. Responsible for analyzing customer financial statements pertaining to a credit line application and provide financial guidance for order management support with supply chains and marketing units to control credit use while minimizing disputes and upholding effective payments.
3. Responsible for working with coordinating collection calls and organizing customer visits to obtain accounts receivable and bargain disputes to resolve and document the origin of unpaid statements.
4. Works to create new payment timetables with debtors and from time to time propose to creditors that the case be transitioned to legal counsel. Credit Analyst may work to reclaim commodities that were unsettled.
5. Primarily works by phone to get in touch with debtors to speak with them about their nonpayment and may map out debtors who have moved by researching forwarding addresses, probing phone directories and meeting previous neighbors.
6. Must be able to be back up for the A/R clerk position in the event of the absence of any Clerks in the A/R Department.
7. Responsible for posting and reconciling military accounts (DSCP).
8. Responsible for processing and posting all ACH Transactions.
9. Responsible for reconciling IBT invoices.
10. Responsible for communicating with truck drivers about customer's accounts and credits due.
11. Responsible for assisting the Credit Manager with his/her daily operations.
12. Responsible for any other duties that are assigned by Credit Manager.