Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group supports individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses and aging adults, to remain in their homes and communities and “self” direct their own long-term home care.
Our role as the nation’s largest and most experienced Financial Management Service provider is to assist those eligible Medicaid recipients to choose and pay for their own support workers and services within their state-approved personalized budget. We are appointed by states and managed healthcare organizations to better serve more of their residents and members requiring long-term care and ensure the efficient use of taxpayer funded services.
Our culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed customer expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference in helping transform the lives of the consumers we serve. (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
- Applies demonstrated project management skills to ensure project deliverables and expectations are met on a daily basis.
- Remains current on all applicable tax withholding laws, regulations and requirements in each active location.
- Coordinates and administers multi-state payroll tax compliance.
- Calculates, documents and validates tax files, remittances and ensure accurate settlement of daily tax deposits.
- Prepares regular payroll tax filings to IRS and state agencies, monthly, and quarterly.
- Performs projects that are designed to explore ways to improve accuracy, efficiency and the timeliness of tax deliverables
- Identifies bank reconciliation discrepancies and work with finance staff to execute a solution.
- Performs support ticket transaction resolution tasks.
- Responds to incoming departmental support tickets to solve outstanding issues, within contract requirements.
- Manages tax notice response process.
- Responsible for Account balancing for SUI, FUTA, FICA and SIT.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication with tax agency staff at local, state and federal levels.
- Improves processes that will either eliminate or reduce tax notices.
- Prepares correspondence to address tax notices and other communications received from clients and tax agencies to resolve outstanding issues.
- Performs User Acceptance Testing when need is identified.
- Works cross functionally on special projects to meet departmental goals
(Other duties as assigned)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team situation and autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Detailed and process improvement oriented
- Project management experience
- Experience project management skills
- Working knowledge of balance sheets
- Excellent PC spreadsheet and database skills
- Ability to reconcile tax filings
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
Experience: 1+ years progressive experience with automated financial operations center projects, 1+ years prior tax; and financial administration experience
Federal Unemployment Tax Act