Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Palliative Care Program Director
Hartford HealthCare (HHC), the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in Connecticut, includes seven acute care hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks in New England, robust Rehabilitation and Home Care organizations, and a large multi-specialty medical group in which more than 1,000 engaged physicians and advanced practitioners practice primary and specialty care throughout the state.
HHC is seeking a Palliative Care Program Director to join a highly skilled and collegial team to provide operational and clinical leadership for all palliative care services in its Central Region, including the Hospital of Central Connecticut and MidState Medical Center. The successful candidate is a doctor of medicine with fellowship training in palliative care or at least 3 years of clinical experience in palliative care. In this role, the Director identifies opportunities to improve and expand the program with a focus on improving the patient and family experience.
Practice Palliative Care Medicine with an Exceptional Team
• Oversee the work of the palliative care clinical team members at the Hospital of Central CT (HOCC) and MidState Medical Center.
• Participate and provide clinical leadership in the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols and programs.
• Lead weekly Interdisciplinary Team meetings reviewing the care of patients on service.
• Oversee and mentor the Palliative Care APRNs for the Central Region.
• Oversee the Palliative Care Social Work lead Bereavement Program.
• Coordinate annual strategic planning for the palliative care program, including the annual Board of Trustees meeting for the Wolfson Palliative Care program.
• Develop and oversee metrics and Quality initiatives to demonstrate program impact.
• Provide leadership in the identification of Palliative Care education needs for hospital staff and development of effective educational strategies.
• Work with hospital leadership to enhance the palliative care program’s community outreach to physicians, the public, healthcare facilities, and other applicable organizations in the com
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England’s most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed schools, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb in America.”
Interested candidates, please contact: Pam Lasser, Physician Recruiter with Hartford HealthCare
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Med Dir Palliative Medicine / Palliative Care Wolfson
Doctor of Medicine with fellowship training in palliative care or at least 3 years of clinical experience in palliative care.
Critical Success Factors:
(1) Board certification or eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
(2) Experience in working as part of an interdisciplinary team
(3) Experience in other specialty collaboration for community based Palliative Care program.
Doctor Of Medicine (Md)