Travel Required: 10-25% Public Trust: NACI (T1) Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT has an exciting opportunity available for an Electronic Technician III at JBLM, WA. This position requires someone with a current and active Secret Clearance. This position requires individuals who are self-motivated, suitably experienced, qualified, and able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organization. Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
Electronics Technician Maintenance III applies advanced technical knowledge and skills to solve complex problems troubleshooting and repairing communication and electronic equipment. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices.
- Electronics Technician Maintenance III applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems troubleshooting and repairing, SINCGARS, Harris and Thales radios.
- Perform all aspects of military and commercial communication systems troubleshooting and repair to include communications-electronics, computer systems, sensor systems, SATCOM systems, optics, LAN and data communications equipment.
- Use complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Performs inspections of system components, preventive maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of modules and circuit cards to the line replaceable unit (LRU).
- Performs moderately complex technical functions such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical systems, or specialized test equipment to support products or product performance to validate, investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Read and interpret schematic and engineering drawings and diagrams. Perform operational test and return to service checks.
- Configures computer software, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to operate within designated networks.
- Perform logistic support requirements such as research, and equipment and spare part inventories.
- Manages customer expectations as the on-site company representative.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work as a member of a cohesive team as well as independently.
- Interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and tactful way.
- Multi-task efficiently and work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects.
- Work with minimal supervision, documents maintenance tasks via local or web- based reporting system, provides system functional briefings to customer and supervisor.
- Performs other duties assigned by Site Lead or Deputy Lead that are required to sustain the RSC daily operation.
- May be required to go TDY.
AS, 5+ years experience
Must have a current and active Secret clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.