118 Northport Ave.
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering up to $10,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible experienced Registered Nurses with 1-3 years of experience and $20,000 for experienced Registered Nurses with greater than 3 years of experience!
* Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time RN position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
* Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
Position Summary (This position will be 36 hours per week, 7pm to 7am.)
The scope of emergency nursing involves the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of perceived, actual, or potential, sudden or urgent, physical of psychological problems of individuals/families ranging in age from neonate to geriatric. These may require minimal care of life-support measures, patient and significant other education, appropriate referral, and knowledge of legal implications. Emergency Department patients are people of all ages with problems of varying complexity. Characteristics unique to emergency nursing include unanticipated situations requiring intervention, allocation of limited resources, need for immediate care as perceived by the patient/others, unpredictable numbers of patients, and unknown variables which include severity, urgency, and diagnosis.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
* License/Certification: Current License as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine; Current BLS Certification
* Experience: A minimum of one year in an acute care setting preferred.
* Other Certification: ACLS,PALS, CPI current or within 1 year of hire, TNCC preferred. Current NIHSS (every two years), CEN preferred.
MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support