Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 6:30am-3:30pm
Essential Job Duties
- Actively participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory Performance Improvement activities, including resolution of customer service issues, evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods
- Perform personnel-related duties such as interviewing, hiring, scheduling, completing performance evaluations/corrective action notices, competency assessment, training, and supervising Histology Technicians/Histology Technologists
- Create and maintain all Standard Operating Procedures and related documents as required
- Participates as a member of various committees as requested/assigned; Attends company meetings as required
- Ensures upper management is aware of any serious issues/concerns regarding lab operations, equipment, personnel, etc.
- Ensures maintenance and QC of all applicable reagents; Ensures all instrument and reagent validations are complete
- Maintains inventory of reagents and supplies for their area of supervision
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis
- Performs, assigns, and oversees pre and post analytical activities related to anatomic pathology tests assigned including specimen collection and processing, Quality Control, equipment maintenance, inventory control, Quality Assurance and proficiency testing procedures as needed
- Adheres to all PBM Safety policies and to all rules and regulations of applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies
- Utilize automated Histology equipment properly according to lab procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Handle infectious biological specimens, caustics, toxic chemicals and/or irritants appropriately and safely
- Learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices
- Ensures timely distribution of completed patient materials to assigned pathologists
- Oversee QA/QC as required by regulatory agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested to ensure smooth operation of the department or company
Education & Licensure
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Postsecondary education preferred.
- ASCP registry preferred
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure and to increase basic knowledge.
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a Histotechnician is required
- Supervisory or management experience is required.
- Competency Assessment
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Service