To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Heathrow, FL 32746
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Security Engineer
Apex Systems • Heathrow, FL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Network Security Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for a Network Security Engineer who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
This is a direct hire position in Orlando, FL.
Please send your resume to Michelle Pavese at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Only qualified candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered.
Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
- Safeguards information system assets and data by identifying and solving potential and actual security risks.
- Researches security controls, vulnerabilities, enterprise and cloud risks, and develops effective strategies and control measures to mitigate all security risks.
- Reduces security threats by examining infrastructure, devices, processes, procedures and identifying security flaws, threat vectors, and using control analysis to follow up with a prompt solution.
- Advanced knowledge and experience on technology security issues across all platforms and across all business units to include networking, applications, Identity and Access Management, Operating systems, Email gateway, Privileged Access Management, Vulnerability management, database security and endpoint security.
- Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
- Research, architect, develop solutions for integration/interoperability security issues, that meet current and future business requirements, and apply and/or extend, enhance, optimize existing architecture.
- Responsible for executing processes within all activities within the security Incident response lifecycle. These activities include: detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery and reporting.
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to assist in identifying areas that lack the appropriate security controls and make the necessary recommendations.
- Develops techniques and procedures for conducting cyber security risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or countermeasures, and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
- Provide architectural and operational support for Information Security systems, including cloud, systems, network and applications.
- Review security assessments to compare previous and current risk performance.
- Directs Information Security teams in the evaluation of risks and threats, development, implementation, communication, operation, monitoring and maintenance of the IT security policies and procedures which promote a secure and uninterrupted operation of all IT systems.
- VPN Implementation
- Cisco route/switch
- Checkpoint Firewall
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Seven (7) years’ IT experience, with at least 5 years security experience or;
- Masters of Information Security and;
- 5 years’ IT experience with at least 5 years security experience and;
- Two (2) or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, AWS, Microsoft, Linux, Networking or equivalent certifications
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178