To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GPAC • Providence, RI
Posted 2 months ago
A modern, family oriented accounting firm is confidentially looking to add another member to their team. Specifically, they are seeking an experienced Tax Manager to hop into a band new facility and be a valuable member to the team.
- Serve as client's trusted advisor, demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client's organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients' goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Partners regarding tax planning
- Provide clients' with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 3+ years of technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent (EA), or equivalent certification is a must
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.