Quality Control Associate
The purpose of Quality Control Associate is to update and coordinate the planning, implementation, and supervision of the HITT quality control plan. This includes working with employees as well as outside agencies or consultants involved in inspections and testing. Educate all parties as to the HITT methods of quality control.
- Participate in the Planning Phase of the QC program by meeting with the QCS Team, the Project Manager and Superintendent to align project expectations for the Quality Control Program.
- Develop a list of features of work (FOW) for each project and tie them to the project schedule.
- Develop site-specific QC Programs for small to mid-level projects and submit to the QC Senior Manager for final review.
- Develop meeting and inspection templates for each FOW.
- Execute four phases of control (Planning, Preparatory, Initial and Inspections) for each FOW with the subcontractors, vendors, and client(s) and perform all required meetings.
- Inspect incoming materials for submittal compliance and ensure that they are properly stored.
- Oversee HITT's Superintendents inspections for each FOW and perform inspections as needed.
- Track deficiencies and rework items to final resolution enforcing effective and timely corrective actions.
- Document and track all QC documentation including all required third party inspections and test reports.
- Provide weekly status reports with updated progress, status, and a look ahead for meetings and inspections to the QC Program Manager.
- Attend all HITT progress meetings and provide status on all QC activities.
- Incorporate safe work practices across the QC program.
- Develop final punch list and oversee the project closeout process.
- Interface with the client and their representatives to provide status on project QC activities and to receive any feedback on our QC program
- Coordinate QC support for startup and commissioning documentation with the MEP team.
- Interface with the project manager and superintendent to align deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, structural, architectural, mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Active certification with the Army Corps of Engineers- Construction Quality Management for Contractors or an inactive certification that needs to be refreshed within 3 months of hire.
- OSHA-10 certification.
- 2 years of data center construction experience minimal.
- Motivated self-starter familiar with the QC process including developing a site-specific QC Program and establishing the 4 phases of control
- Ability to communicate effectively with the HITT Project Team and our clients.
- Adequate knowledge in the CSA and MEP disciplines.
- Adequate knowledge of building codes, NFPA-70E, and the NEC.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient document control skills.
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
- Building Codes
- Construction Quality Management
- Data Centers
- Document Management Systems