Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, engaging and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of their ethnicity, gender, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or worldviews.
Job Description Summary:
The Enteral Center of Excellence (CoE) Registered Dietitian (RD) is a qualified professional who is responsible for the development and implementation of clinical and marketing strategies to promote the home enteral nutrition support program. The RD provides daily clinical support of all enteral nutrition patients within their assigned area and may cross-cover multiple areas to assure optimal coverage. The RD also provides enteral related education, both internal and external, providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent):
- Provides day to day clinical support of enteral nutrition (EN) patients within the Enteral CoE. Performs nutrition assessment on high risk and home start EN patients at start of care. Also performs nutrition assessment and nutrition follow-up, as indicated, on existing high-risk EN patients until patient goals are met. Conducts nutrition assessments according to developed standards and evidence-based practice.
- Conducts phone-based enteral nutrition education for patients, caregivers and other healthcare professionals when necessary according to the needs of the business. May provide patient enteral pump set-up and/or troubleshooting when escalated by Nutrition Care Coordinator or Nutrition Care Specialist.
- Adheres to enteral formulary and current established supply and formula guidelines and promotes formulary conversion where indicated.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates continuing education, orientation, and in-service education programs in coordination with corporate, clinical, and sales management.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new Registered Dietitians, Patient Registration Coordinators, Nutrition Care Coordinators, Nutrition Care Specialists, and other enteral nutrition-related staff members. Presents internal continuing education presentation training for CoE staff twice per year. Educational topics to include clinical nutrition, reimbursement and formulary compliance.
- Works closely with CoE Management to ensure nutrition support competence, compliance with policies and procedures, and cost efficiency. Accepts assignment of delegation of work to support coverage needed.
- As pertinent to nutrition therapy, along with the CoE Management, monitors clinical key performance indicators such as: patient census, patient satisfaction, clinical competence, nutrition assessments, and performance improvement activities.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates to appropriate management and supervisory staff. Defines and implements Action Plans to continually improve the patient care process.
- May support the Center of Excellence remotely.
- Participates in professional organizations and maintains visibility by participating in one or more community-based activities per year.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Registered Dietitian with a license/certification in the current state of practice, as appropriate
- Two years of experience with enteral nutrition as a nutrition support professional
- Board Certification in Nutrition Support or intent to receive within 1 year of hire.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate clinical programs that will meet the needs of the office and community served
- Ability to educate and empower staff to implement nutrition service processes in the home care setting.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and oral) with team members
- Self-directed, able to work without the presence of an immediate supervisor
- Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
Travel Requirements: (if required:
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs):
- Board Certification in nutrition support
- Previous home health experience
- Advanced degree in nutrition or business
- Sales and marketing experience
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.