This position is responsible for managing all operational and team member aspects of a specialty retail pet store. Responsibilities include driving outstanding sales results through effective sales techniques, building the team, building customer loyalty through world class customer service, and leading execution of company standards. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.ResponsibilitiesMaintain regular and predictable attendance Work scheduled shifts and be able to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends as dictated by business needsUphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and proceduresTake the initiative to support selling initiatives (TEAM):
Thank the Customer
Engage with the customer and/or pet
Advise products or services
Make it MemorableDrive sales and profit through driving top line sales, creating and modeling behaviors to support a culture of selling, executing merchandising initiatives, expense control, profit/loss management, as well as protecting company assets and reducing shrink Work closely with mall management to participate in all marketing events, such as mailers, promotional booklets and flyers, banners and signage throughout the mallBuilding the store team through hiring/staffing decisions, Team member retention, managing the schedule and payroll management, Team member training and development, succession planning, and Team member performance reviews and counselingEnsure cash drawers and vault is reconciled accurately dailyLead execution of Petsense standards through store presentation standards/processes, inventory management, freight movement, pricing/promotional activities, loss prevention, procedural audit compliance, as well as planning and delegation of daily tasksThis position is required to perform a combination of the following duties during the day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, the business and staffing model makes it essential that every Store Manager be able to perform all the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:Handle and resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive shopping experiencePerform opening and closing proceduresTransport and make deposits to the bankOperate cash register/computer Supervise cash handling proceduresQualifications
Experience: Minimum of two years retail leadership experience is required. Profit/Loss, scheduling, shrink control, payroll management, staffing, hiring, supervising and counseling experience is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid drivers license.
Education: High School diploma or the equivalent is required. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities/requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and Team Members
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict
- Time and stress management
- Basic computer skills and math aptitude
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours. Store Managers do not work standard shifts and are required to work whatever hours are necessary to fulfill their job duties.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all team members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position is non-sedentary. Being visible, accessible to, and communicative with Team members throughout the store is essential, as is the ability to train and cover for Team members to fulfill customer service needs. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to this positions job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, baler, computer, cash register)
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to safely dispense propane
- Ability to successfully complete all required training
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs and to company functions
- Ability to drive for business needs
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.Company Overview
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live Life out Here!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Banner Advertisement
- Brochure Design
- Business Requirements
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding