To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
350 1st Avenue East
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Banquet Manager - DoubleTree Cedar Rapids
DoubleTree by Hilton • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted 18 days ago
DoubleTree Cedar Rapids is seeking an Assistant Banquet Manager with previous food and beverage supervisory experience to join their team!
Conveniently located in downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the hotel has 80,000 sq. ft. of event space and 267 rooms. The hotel overlooks the Cedar River and downtown Cedar Rapids and is attached to the U.S. Cellular Arena and Convention Center.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for assisting in the planning, organization and execution of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in the management of all Banquet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Supervises food and beverage set up and clean up
- Assist in planning, organizing and executing all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training team members
- Greets clients and responds to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- One year of food and beverage supervisory experience is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
- Previous experience in banquets is highly preferred.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!