Are you ready?
As an Outside Sales Representative
for Connected Buildings - Security
, you will develop new prospects and maintain contacts with established customers for the purpose of selling Company products, and customarily and regularly interact with prospects and customers in person at the customer's site of business or other off-site locations.
Graybar's Security products allow our customers to protect and keep a watchful eye on their facility, building, and assets. With high quality surveillance systems and sound systems, Graybar has security products our customers can trust. Access control systems allow our customers to monitor who is entering their building while speakers and amplifiers can provide the method to communicate throughout the facility at the touch of a button. Graybar has just the right equipment to fulfill customer requirements and provide peace of mind.In this role you will:
What you bring to the table:
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies
- Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively, and report potential claims.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed, and recommend new items for stock
- Maintain current customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate products after sale when necessary
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends, market developments and emerging technology within the industry
- Minimum 5 years consultative security sales experience required; 6+ years preferred
- 4 year degree preferred
- Knowledge of business administration, sales, and marketing
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to sell and be persuasive
- Extensive travel required, including some overnight travel
- Preferred experience selling to Security Integrators
- Have an understanding of selling complete security solutions including
- Security cameras
- Access control and accessories
- Switches & extenders
- Security system video recorders
- Audio & Visual Notification
The expected rate of pay for this position is $80,000-95,000 annually. This position is also bonus eligible, based on specific and relevant business metrics.Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique value each person brings to our company.Apply now and find out what's next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
- Access Controls
- Accounts Payable
- Business Administration
- Claim Processing