Aerie Aerospace is seeking a Software Programmer to join our team on the Marshall Engineering Technician and Trades Services (METTS) contract. Our work is destined to have a long-range effect on space exploration and we can offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career path.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Must have experience/knowledge in commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within computer-related fields
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement custom software programming applications to support custom data acquisition applications and systems
- Perform a variety of other software and computer system administration tasks, including: system installation, configuration management, test setup, data recording and data processing
- Design, develop and maintain analytical products and utilities
- Proficient knowledge of C++, Python, Fortran and be able to understand other tool interfaces including MatLab, etc.
- Must be able to work with independently, with little supervision
Education, Training and Experience
- Application development using Fortran, Python, C/ C++ of Command Line and GUI based Software, including data utilities and libraries/DLL’s
- Software development and maintenance will be required on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Design, Develop, and maintain custom Data Acquisition and Analytical Applications
- Interface directly with customers
- Critical writing skills for product documentation, reporting, and presentation
- Good communication skills in order to gather, understand, and meet customer requirements
- Proficient at using Windows and Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot and develop technical solutions for field engineers, technicians, and customers
Additional Experience desired but not required:
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum Experience: 2-5 years
- Ability to take off the shelf digital equipment such as cameras and modify internal software for NASA specific needs.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain software and hardware which controls, captures and post processes thermal imaging into infrared thermography.
- Design, develop and maintain software and hardware which controls, captures and post processes imaging into engineering products.
- Design, develop and maintain software which converts thermal/fluid math models into engineering products such as graphs and visual products.
Aerie Aerospace LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have a clearance? If so, what type?
Installations (Computer Systems)
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)