Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager
Our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Subcontract and Commodity Manager in Huntsville, AL to support our Security, Detection and Automation [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager.
Job Description Summary:
The Subcontract and Commodity Manager is responsible for approximately $200M in annual spend and will play a leading role in the development, negotiation and implementation of strategic sourcing plans. Additionally, the Subcontract and Commodity Manager will work with large and highly visible suppliers, will be a crucial communicator to both senior business leaders and internal customers, and will drive immediate business impact from their actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with senior industry contracts management of our suppliers, independently assesses, and awards subcontracts based on established processes, procedures and requirements
- Establish an effective process for the commercial selection of CCA and subcontract suppliers to achieve a high degree of confidence in continuity of supply
- The ability to build world class Procurement organizations and strong Procurement teams. delete
- Develop a Strategic Roadmap for critical Subcontractors
- Provide overall supplier management including ensuring performance to KPIs and escalations due to delivery, quality and other predefined metrics
- Develop procurement plans and document databased strategies using various organizational procurement processes
- Establish resident expertise in the commodity through understanding of business requirements, market trends and underlying cost factors, and the effect on product quality and reliability in achieving company objectives
- Within assigned Commodities, negotiate Pricing Agreements and Long Term Agreements with suppliers to realize planned cost reduction targets
- Work collaboratively and proactively with Corporate Procurement, Engineering Supplier Development, and Quality to identify process, sourcing, and contract improvement opportunities
- Manage all aspects of supply contracts including pricing, payment terms, logistics and volumes in an effort to guarantee security of supply, minimize working capital, drive productivity, reduce delivery costs and ensure quality in accordance with business demands
- Contribute to both procurement and business team meetings, report on deep dive of personal quarterly actions within global procurement processes
- Leverage & engage the global procurement team to ensure coordination & create value
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Coordinate and assist in the development of monthly and annual price forecasts and budgets
- Responsible for the pricing and forecast for all product lines and commodities
- Ensure Supply Assurance/Fulfillment to all business requirements
- Develop relationship with Engineering and lead the supplier selection for New Products
- Provide Market Intelligence for respective subcontractors and internal business
- Communicate Category Strategy to internal business partners and functions
- Participate in Technology Planning discussions and meetings
- Lead the Quarterly Business Review with Outsource supplier and internal businesses
- Responsible for P& L alignment, EBITA and overall CAS financial metrics
- Implement and manage supplier scorecards for Outsource partners
- Facilitate the VAVE process and drive implementation results
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related and minimum 9 years purchasing experience in a high-mix, technical, manufacturing environment, including five or more years of experience in Global Strategic Sourcing.
- Strong background into contracts, SOW and other legal documents for sourcing.
- Knowledge of current technologies related to: process analysis, supply chain optimization, procurement, and resource planning.
- Knowledge in the areas of CCA’s, Electro Mechanical, Electronics.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others both internally and externally.
- Comfortable working independently, in groups, as well as part of a global virtual team
- Deal naturally with ambiguity and strategically to make effective cost-efficient choices within complex environments.
- Able to express your ideas clearly and concisely in writing and in front of large audiences.
- Self-disciplined & self-motivated to establish and manage multiple concurrent priorities and deadlines, while continuously seeking out opportunities for process improvement.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills with ability to apply to multiple disciplines across business units.
- Proactive in building positive trusting relationships and consensus among team members and other functions.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SDASExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Subcontract and Commodity Manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.