To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SSC Customer Service Representative
CHS Demo • Nashville, TN
Posted 2 days ago
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring for a Customer Service Representative. This position is primarily responsible for the day to day customer service duties (answering incoming calls with inquiries from patients, healthcare insurers/payers and others regarding payments for CHS's hospital services rendered) while establishing helpful and friendly relationships with our patients.
CHS isone of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organizationsaffiliates own, operate or lease 126 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE)with approximately 21,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliatedhospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents andcontribute to the economic development of their communities.
This position supportsrevenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities (hospitals).The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's ability to collectrevenues for those services and allows the hospitals to continue to serve localcommunities that otherwise would be without a healthcare provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
• Answer in-bound calls from patients, insurance companies and attorneys.
• Make out-bound calls as needed and return voice mails.
• Perform insurance follow up to address customer concerns.
• Research customer billing concerns per payer and create appropriate adjustment as needed.
• Ensure created adjustments receive proper approval and sign off.
• Address coordination of benefits issues with patient.
• Escalate coding issues to the proper facility liaison.
• Forward all patient and payer refund correspondence to the Overpayment Resolution team
• Performs other duties as directed by the Manager and Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understanding of medical revenue cycle processes from scheduling through agency placement and final account disposition.
• Knowledge of insurance collections follow up.
• Effective and professional telephone and customer correspondence communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently in a manner to achieve goals, objectives and productivity requirements.
• Preferred knowledge of medical terminology.
• Must be able to be flexible and organized while functioning well under stressful conditions.
• Preferred knowledge about EOB's (Explanation of Benefits), Remits, and UB-04's.
• Ability to define problems collects data, validate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• High School Graduate minimum education requirement.
• Preferred 1 year customer service experience in a medical/hospital and/or call center environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.