If you are looking to fast track your career into leadership, AFC is hiring! AFC’s Assistant Branch Managers are an integral part of the organization and take pride in delivering business solutions to automotive dealers.
Job Summary: An Assistant Branch Manager is responsible to assist the Branch Manager in overseeing the provision of financial services to customers (dealers) at designated auctions and typically within a specific geographic area. They are responsible to grow the business profitably by increasing the number of customers and by expanding the volume of business with existing customers. The core job functions of an Assistant Branch Manager include increasing revenues and minimizing losses through aggressive loss prevention activities. They must develop competence in the technical aspects of loan processing (floorplanning), assessing credit worthiness, securing and monitoring loans, collecting receivables and managing delinquency. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to direct and coordinate all activities of the loan production office in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Uses leadership, management skill, creativity, business development, and available resources to assist the Branch Manager in achieving financial and non-financial goals of the Branch.
2. Develops a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures relative to business development, loan processing, collections, expense control, and staff development.
3. Understands the applicable laws and codes for their assigned geographic area and ensures the Branch operates in compliance with them.
4. Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, and developing members of the branch financial services team with the focus on providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to both internal and external customers.
5. Participate in providing regular performance feedback to all members of the Branch Financial Services Team. Participate in coaching and counseling other members of the Branch Financial Services Team to achieve improved performance and compliance with AFC policies and standards.
6. Utilizes all appropriate means to monitor and collect receivables, account for property used to secure loans, and to document business transactions (particularly communications related to “over credit line”, late payments, returned checks, note repayments, and “out of trust” situations).
7. Communicates potential loss situations to the Branch Manager and Corporate Loss Prevention staff as soon as identified to develop a coordinated response. Lead efforts to take possession of vehicles or other property used to secure loans and acts as AFC’s agent/representative in legal matters, as required.
8. Uses spreadsheet and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
9. Assist in the prospecting and growth of the branch’s portfolio, along with assisting in marketing efforts and product campaigns of the branch and corporate.
10. Utilize all available Customer Relationship Management tools and work queue task assignments to maintain a history of the dealer.
11. Support other AFC locations remotely and on site when needed.
12. Other duties, as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
– High school diploma required
– Associate or Bachelor degree in Bus Admin, Bus Mgmt, Marketing, Finance preferred
– 1 year experience in a supervisory or management position is preferred
– 2 years’ experience in automotive or financial services industry required
– Good organizational, administrative and written and verbal communication skills
– Sales acumen and ability to coach and develop others required
– Ability to read and understand basic financial statements preferred
– Telephone, computer literacy, software competencies, specifically standard or customer financial systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and familiarity with a Customer Relationship Management tool preferably utilizing a work que
– Routine regional and local travel as well as some national and seldom international travel required
– Must have passport or ability to obtain a passport without much notice
Physical and Visual Requirements
Position requires walking, sitting, standing, and driving an automobile for extended periods. Position involves verifying make/model/VIN of automobiles at a variety of locations. Daily review and preparation of automated or manual reports using pen/pencil, calculator, or keyboard is required.
Environmental - Atmospheric Conditions
Varying climates, weather conditions, and walking surfaces, inside and outside. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, gases, compounds or dusts endemic to auto industry. Travel is frequently required and mode of transportation varies: typically automobile, airplane, or public conveyance.