As the leader of Digital Customer Experience and Design at HanesBrands Inc, a global Fortune 500 apparel company, you will lead the conceptualization and design of innovative, intuitive, and delightful customer journeys, elevating the design and functionality of online and offline customer experiences.
We are seeking a director to lead our CX and UX practice. This role requires a high level of design expertise in order to lead the definition and design aspects of User Experience and User Interface client projects, including process planning, team leadership, design execution, and deliverable management. Leadership duties extend to supporting function hiring and facilitating ongoing professional development. This person will be a member of Hanesbrands’ global technology team.
- Collaborate closely with HBI’s portfolio of consumer brands (Champion, Hanes, Bonds, Bali, Maidenform, etc.) globally to create excellent brand-authentic experiences for our consumers around the world.
- Contribute during all phases of the digital experience design process with particular emphasis on User Experience definition, design, and implementation.
- Lead UX team in all phases of User Experience including use case scenarios, product definition, system mapping, information architecture, wireframes, visual design language, digital prototyping, usability testing, etc.
- Lead UX team in all phases of Digital User Interface design including presentation layer graphics, mobile app design, etc.
- Collaborate with brand leaders, direct to consumer business leaders and the technology team to develop brands’ user experience strategy (e.g., role of brand websites, mobile apps, future interfaces such as voice; integration of offline (e.g. retail store) and online experiences to create omnichannel journeys.
- Lead ongoing ADA compliance work to ensure websites meet or exceed required standards.
- Manage team resources and allocate team members to agile teams, projects and on-going workstreams as required.
- Implement and track departmental and individual goals and OKRs, and manage individual performance reviews to build our talent pool.
- Collaborate with team members across the international locations and businesses.
- Be a thought-leader within the space with a vision for the future of consumer experiences.
- Create standards of quality and integrity in execution of all UX deliverables and work with team members to continue raising the bar.
- Drive improvement and expansion of UX expertise, capabilities, and resources through training and recruiting.
Innovation & Complexity
- Responsible for making significant improvements to processes, systems and capabilities to enhance the team’s performance and deliver superior consumer experiences.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex.
- Assesses current state of initiatives relative to market conditions, assures that the initiative is continuously relevant and identifies areas of focus or change required to respond to shifting competitive landscapes.
Communication & Influence
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function.
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures and practices.
- Works with to qualify, hire, manage and collaborate with external agencies and vendors as required.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Responsible for providing hiring, guidance, coaching and training employees within UX team.
- Responsible for managing major/complex projects at this level, involving delegation of work and review of work products.
- Responsible for working across value stream leads, value stream teams and across the global digital and consumer organizations to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Graphic Design, User Experience/Interactive Design, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading and/or executing human-centered design processes and projects.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in consumer e-commerce businesses.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with leading consumer brands.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with consumer insight techniques including user testing and design thinking.
- Experience working in fast moving enterprise environments.
- Strong team building skills, proven excellence in working in, and with teams.
- Willingness to handle leading and contributing to several projects at once.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Digital Customer Experience and Design
- Agile Methodology
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Design Thinking
- E Commerce
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Architecture