Estimator- Entry Level
Position Requirements: Reports directly to the Chief Estimator. Leads or assists in the preparation of accurate and timely bids and estimates. Provides estimating services on a number of assigned projects. Is a working member of the pre-construction team and accountable for her/his own work and the contribution to the team's and company's success.
Client relationships are critical. The Estimator will be capable of producing accurate and timely quantity surveys and estimates that are consistent with the company's goals for safety, quality, schedule and profit. Successful experience building and estimating large, difficult projects and concrete structures; including a mixture of commercial and multifamily projects is very important; as is a quest for continuous improvement in construction and management techniques.
- Display consistent and exceptional leadership skills
- Continuously cultivate and maintain positive relations with multiple sources (A/E's, sub-contractors, consultants, trade association, etc.) and help facilitate the company-wide proactive cultivation of relationships
- Be an excellent communicator and an ambassador for the company
- Thorough knowledge of building systems, current market pricing, and practical application of modern quantification and estimating technique from Conceptual and Schematic Design through final GMP budgets.
- Detail oriented and the ability to produce accurate and timely quantity surveys and estimates for large building projects.
- Ability to hit established deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for estimating
Bachelor's degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
1 - 5 years of progressive experience in the construction industry, with the majority of time spent in estimating and project management on commercial and multi-family residential projects.
Applicants must reside in or have immediate plans to relocate to the Denver Metro area. Denver area experience preferred