To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Applications Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Hubbell Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
Support customers, customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining their efforts in promoting/selling products. Prepare pricing and technical data for quotations. Provide liaison and coordination between engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
Role will be in support of High Voltage Switches used in Substation, Transmission, and Distribution applications. Previous experience in the Utility Industry will be beneficial but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for questions pertaining to assigned products to end users, channel partners, sales, and customer service for domestic and international markets.
- Assists engineering with design and testing of products.
- Providing pricing, class code, and product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations to customer service representatives, field sales, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide training and select technical information to customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers for quotations or when necessary and required
- Review orders for proper application of products, price, and delivery
- Review quotations for order terms and conditions of sale
- Resolve product returns; i.e., request credit/debits, write evaluations on damaged return material
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Review customer product specifications and maintain up-to-date file in customer files
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
Skills and Experience
BS degree in Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.