Licensed Vocational Nurse
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing appropriate nursing care, as directed by an RN on the nursing unit. Functions include gathering and reporting data, carrying out orders, and performing therapeutic procedures on patients in an age and population-appropriate manner, consistent with the policies, procedures and guidelines of Post Acute Medical. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Under the direct supervision of an RN, assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients on designated shifts.
• Administers oral and IV medications as prescribed.
• Charts appropriately and timely in the medical record.
• Reviews and updates care plans as appropriate.
• Takes and records vital signs.
• Provides ostomy care.
• Monitors patients for changes in medical condition.
• Notifies physician, as appropriate, related to patient’s condition.
• Changes wound dressings.
• Collects specimens, to include but not limited to, blood, urine and sputum.
• Inserts and cares for nasogastric tubes.
• Provides feedings through nasogastric / gastrostomy tubes.
• Inserts and cares for urinary catheters.
• Provides tracheostomy / ventilator care.
Reporting and Documentation
• Collaborates in the development of the plan of care to include multidisciplinary planning, discharge planning, and patient/caregiver teaching for care after discharge. Assesses need for community-based resources to support further supportive care.
• Observes patient progress and reports changes in patient status to the RN and physician.
• Identifies and accurately reports adverse patient responses to underlying disease processes, therapeutic and diagnostic measures.
• Utilizes effective communication with reporting changes and in documenting in the medical record.
• Accurately records vital signs, intake and output, and other physical observations on the appropriate worksheets.
• Assists the RN in obtaining physician orders to meet the medical and nursing needs of the patient.
Education and Training: Holds current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state where the hospital resides. Current BLS certification required.
Experience: One year of inpatient medical-surgical nursing experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for communication with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, visitors, and staff members.
• Read and write English language including medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Clerical ability to document completely and accurately in medical record.
• Cognitive ability to implement the nursing process with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in the skilled nursing setting.
• Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to motivate non-licensed staff in performance of patient care.
• Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and establish rapport.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the job.
A few things that aren't required, but we would prefer:
• Having prior experience in emergency or critical care environments
• A higher comfort level working with vents/trachs/PICC lines, etc.
• Having 2 years of experience in direct patient care
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse - PRN Days | Denver LTACH for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities. #LI-TLD
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or
- Basic Life Support
- Cognition Processing
- Critical Care
- Health Care
- Interpersonal Skills