Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking a Registered Nurse - On Call to join our Bay Area Hospice team located in San Mateo.
Person will be on-call from Friday 5 PM - Monday 8 AM. Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: URL blocked - click to apply
Our Registered Nurses enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients. General responsibilities include:
Ideal candidate background includes:
- Performs comprehensive nursing evaluations and after hour assessments on patients with a change in condition.
- Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action.
- Initiates plan of care as needed and appropriately supervises patient care after hours, provides appropriate nursing follow- up to all patients. Instructs Caregivers in managing patient needs and submits appropriate documentation within 24 hours of visit.
- Coordinates all services provided to patients/families in all settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as appropriateness of care.
- Follows the approved plan of care, modifies as needed, and contacts physician when appropriate.
To apply, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply
- At least one year of recent hospice experience.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with valid state license.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and willing to drive to patient locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for Hospice.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth. Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: URL blocked - click to apply
EOE/M/F/D/V To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.