To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Inspector I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 26 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Production Inspector I with our Manufacturing Production Team on 4th shift (Friday - Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; work 36 hours, get paid for 40!)
The Production Inspector I performs routine visual, mechanical and electrical inspection of printed circuit boards, systems and subassemblies at several points in the operation for quality in compliance with required standards.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Accepting of opportunities to train on new equipment and to cross-train into other site operations, as needed
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Work from detailed Process Sheets, Visual Aid Packages, Engineering Change Orders, Production Change Notices, Critical Item List and other relevant written instructions
- Inspect for proper positioning of components, soldering, markings and other various quality requirements related to various manufacturing technologies, which may include touch-up or defects found in the inspection process
- Obtain the appropriate paperwork and necessary drawings for each job assignment and verify the paperwork as the correct effective date
- Verify placement, polarity and labels on circuit boards
- Use Defect Code List to identify defects and route boards to rework/repair facilities
- May perform minimal rework/repair duties as necessary
- May perform minimal hand solder operations on printed circuit board assemblies
- Complete necessary routing tasks per procedure
- Enter board and/or systems quantities into the Baan ERP system
- Input data into PFS
- Perform duties under close supervision
- Check configuration on all assemblies
- Participate in providing timely feedback to other operations, management and support engineering as appropriate
- Follow and maintain accurate process documentation and recommend improvements
- All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
1+ years of experience in basic electronics manufacturing May perform one or more of the following: PIR, WPI, FPI, AOI
High School Diploma or GED
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.