To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
TeamHealth • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible performing Human Resources related functions at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following areas: employee relations, employment, HRIS, policy development and maintenance, regulatory/compliance, compensation, training and benefit administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- coordinates new hire paperwork; participates in employee orientation (handbook, benefits, HIPAA and compliance training) for new hires and ensures client employment practices conform with Team Health policies to meet current federal and state guidelines for equal opportunity employment
- Responds to employee relations issues and advises management in order to resolve and/or manage employee issues, provides guidance regarding coaching, counseling, progressive disciplinary action, suspension, performance improvement and termination;
- Responds to employee concerns, complaints, harassment and civil rights allegations and EEOC complaints,
- investigates and responds to HIPAA and compliance complaints;
- conducts investigations when warranted and collaborates with management regarding employment guidelines as well as federal and state laws;
- conducts exit interviews,
- analyzes data and makes recommendations to management team for corrective action and continuous improvement; coordinates termination processes and
- ensures that employees are treated fairly and receive appropriate, accurate information regarding severance, PTO, COBRA, unemployment, etc;
- represents Team Health for unemployment claims and hearings as needed
- Partners with management to communicate various Human Resources policies and procedures, as well as federal and state laws
- Partners with management to provide expertise in assessing and obtaining the desired level of overall performance to align with corporate mission and strategy;
- generates timely and accurate performance appraisals and designated compensation information for managers and supervisors,
- provides management training and follow up regarding the importance of documented employee evaluations;
- administers compensation data to ensure that positions are compensated equitably, includes developing compensation models and related strategies, provides internal and external data and recommendations to leadership as needed
- Coordinates the tracking of pertinent employment and HRIS information for accurate record keeping and to facilitate the timely filing of appropriate EEOC reports, affirmative action logs and reports (if applicable), VETS-100 (if applicable), management reports, and other HRIS data as needed
- Facilitates various training and development projects for client area, including coordinating, developing, and monitoring training plans/materials; as well as exploring internal and external resources for training to ensure appropriate orientation and acclimation to Team Health and the position
- Partners with the benefits team and acts as a liaison regarding employee benefit questions or changes, ensures that employees understand designated benefit options and the automated enrollment process
- Coordinates filing worker's compensation in an accurate and timely fashion, including facilitating efforts to identify local panel of physicians and healthcare facilities, communicates relevant workers' compensation information to employees when needed
- Provides management with insight and value added expertise regarding issues and communications affecting the employees of Team Health, acts as a liaison to management regarding Human Resources issues.
- Knowledgeable of Human Resources laws and practices and recommends changes to policies and procedures as needed (i.e., labor law guidelines, required federal posters, etc.)
Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in business, communications, human resources or related field;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in multiple and complex Human Resources related functions (e.g., employment, recruiting, employee relations, employment law, compensation, training, benefit administration, etc.), previous multi-state healthcare experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification or eligible to become certified within 1-2 years;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills (must have intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, HRIS)
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to rapid change;
- Ability to manage stress and conflict;
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision;
- Ability to attend to detail; and
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting;
- Occasional lifting/carrying (20 pounds or less);
- Occasional standing/bending/stooping/reaching;
- Occasional travel;
- Moderate stress;
- Prolonged sitting and
- Prolonged work in a computer/PC.
- The information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
- This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.