To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
National Account Manager - Indianapolis, IN
Securitas • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
POSITION TITLE: National Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Security Response Services
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Manages the security services and related operations provided on an assigned account including; client service and problem resolution, service enhancement and expansion, new business development, operational effectiveness, preparation of post orders, staffing, scheduling, supervision and training.
Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and progressively responsible experience in the security management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation desirable. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
Directs or completes tasks associated with these areas of responsibilities:
- Serves as a key point of contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary communication and/or corrective action in a timely manner.
- Assumes full P & L responsibility for account along with the Vice President of the vertical market and the account management team of Region Presidents, Area Vice Presidents and Branch Managers; analyzes operational and financial indicators to continuously improve account performance.
- Coordinates activity with and acts as liaison for Vice President of National Accounts of respective vertical market to provide highest level of service for client; implements programs and initiatives as directed by Vice President of Global and National Accounts; reports to Vice President of Global and National Accounts of respective vertical market.
- Initiates, coordinates and assumes responsibilities for benchmarking and the identification of cost saving practices throughout the assigned account.
- Identifies and utilizes networking opportunities with Securitas clients and other global/national account managers; Implements security industry "best practices"; Works with branch/site management to standardize processes, practices and service deliveries for the account.
- Implements key performance measures, tracking tools, scorecards and reporting methods in cooperation with branch, site and client managers to enhance security team effectiveness and performance.
- Meets regularly with client and Securitas management representatives for account reviews; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists in preparation of RFP responses; negotiation of client contracts; provides support during client start-ups and transitions; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; coordinates review and updates of post orders.
- Provides management oversight for the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; provides performance feedback, coaching for associates, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; ensures that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Within scope of contract and assigned duties; reviews appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensure invoices are correct, delivered and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with area management as necessary; ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Builds and facilitates teamwork and partnerships and the implementation of progressive change.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
Mature and responsible leadership with internal and external customer relationship skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have successfully performed the duties and responsibilities as a professional in a multi - tasked environment with varied clients that should include high tech, petrochemical, high-rise, campus, retail, construction and other types of diverse security customers.
- The candidate must have clearly demonstrated abilities in interpersonal skills that are proactive in both verbal and written communications with internal and external customers.
- The candidate must demonstrate skills and temperament and respond in a positive manner to time sensitive service issues that result in the delivery of quality services.
- Must clearly demonstrate through experience and background the willingness to respond to client and branch needs 24 x 7.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Excel and Word (Must possess Intermediate, Advanced, or Expert skills).
- Demonstrate ability to learn and master different Securitas and client web or computer base programs in support of the scheduling and invoicing of services.
- Capable of demonstrating operational knowledge of scheduling, coordinating and developing mission planning for delivering security service in fast moving and high-energy environment while remaining focused and flexible to change.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree and 3 or more years of experience as a professional and/or a like industry and/or business management, and responsible experience in the security industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Knowledge of Profit and Loss operations at a branch operations and structure.
- Knowledge of business operations management and understanding of human resources administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity software including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications. Must demonstrate Excel and Word skill levels of immediate, advanced, or expert (assessment of these skills will be required).
- Ability to organize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective mentor and member of teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Ability to drive.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site surveys.
- Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
Please Note: Internal applicants do not need to complete the online application process. Internal applicants must first notify their immediate supervisor before forwarding their resume and interest statement to HR.