Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 650+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas, including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering, to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward-advancing the whole society today and well into the future.
As a Group Manager of the Modeling and Analysis team within the Environmental and Water Resources Group (EWRG), you will lead a group of technical staff working on a range of water resources projects across the Midwest. The Group Manager is responsible for making sure team members have a balanced workload, with the right mix of project work to match the team members skillsets and interests. The EWRG is a diverse 40+ person team looking for an experienced project manager with a passion for water resources. EWRG works on a variety of water, wastewater, and stormwater projects including modeling of distribution and collection systems, asset management, stream restoration, ecological services, green infrastructure, and a range of facility designs.
A successful candidate for the Water Resources Group Manager position is team oriented, organized, and has strong interpersonal skills. The candidate takes initiative and is current on software, regulations, and technology. This position could be either fulltime or part time with flexible working arrangements available.
* Manage a 10+ person team of scientists and engineers.
* Coordinate workload to ensure its balanced across staff.
* Provide support and mentoring to staff to align project work with interests and skillsets.
* Provide technical support and mentorship during project implementation.
* Obtain repeat work from existing OHM clients, including cross selling of services to existing and new OHM geographies.
* Secure work with new OHM clients.
* Understand OHM services and how they relate to client's organization and needs.
* Actively participate in team recruitment and new hire on-boarding.
* Act as a project manager or lead technical engineer (QA/QC) for modeling & analysis projects.
* Assist with business planning. Business Plan KPIs will be monitored to assess the group's performance.
What You'll Need to Succeed
* Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field required
* Minimum of 10 years of progressively increased responsibility in water resources, including managing projects and proposal writing
* Professional Engineer license required in at least one of the state's OHM does business - Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and/or Tennessee.
* Familiarity with hydraulic/hydrologic modeling of water systems, including water, wastewater, and stormwater.
* Experienced in capital planning, including preliminary engineering efforts for tank, pump, valve, etc. selection and sizing.
* Team-oriented mindset and strong listening and collaboration skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to solve challenging problems.
* Self-directed and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn't just for our clients. We're committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you'll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there's not just cool work on big projects. You'll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Asset Management
- Business Planning
- Capital Budgeting
- Coaching And Mentoring