The help manage trade paperback conversions for 3 main publishing divisions, approx. 100 titles per year. This will include preparing preliminary and final cost estimates for each title. Work with Managing Editorial on production schedules, purchase orders for book components, text printing and binding. Traffic production materials and work closely with in-house departments and vendors to ensure schedules are maintained. Responsible for quality control throughout the process.
What you'll do:
* Issue purchase orders to vendors for compositions, book components, and manufacturing. Communicate paper requirements and review paper specs in a timely manner with paper manager
* Review and route production materials among Interior Design, Jacket Design, Managing Editorial, Production Editorial, and vendors.
* Communicate with text designers, production editors, managing editors, jacket designers, other in-house departments and vendors as needed as it concerns schedules, query solutions and issues impacting budget and quality. Making recommendations in response to changed circumstances.
What you'll bring:
* Excellent knowledge of all facets of book production and manufacturing with basic understandings of overall business of publishing and how production issues affect the success of a publishing company.
* Ability to prioritize.
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work.
* Works collaboratively with others in a professional manner.
* Able to adapt to changes, delays and unexpected events. Anticipates, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* At least 3 years of book production experience.
* Must be highly organized and detail minded.
* College Degree Book Printing/Production or equivalent work experience.
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
- Interior Design
- Requirement Prioritization