Compensation (Range): $23/ hour
If you are an experienced Desktop Technician looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Desktop Technician. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Desktop Technician will include:
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Perform research with application vendors to validate version management, licensing, and/or to obtain requirement/support.
- Create/update installation documentation for the supported operating system platform.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with application owner and IT resources.
- Validate licensing and documentation.
- Where appropriate, coordinate Hardware Dependency application certification efforts with local / regional owners and technical support.
- Primary contact for Application Certification Technical activities including, but not limited to: documentation, software media management and customer (application owner) contact.
- Document and manage application related issues.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application/Windows client related issues.
- May support team with project activities.
As a Desktop Technician you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A 4-year college degree preferred
- 3 - 5-year experience in Information Technology related fields
- Knowledgeable of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of off-the-shelf and client/server application model and structure
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - verbal and written
- Able to diagnose and problem solve issues with computer hardware or software components with little or no direction
- Able to install, configure, or disposition client computer infrastructure and application issues.
As a Desktop Technician with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Desktop Technician Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Complex Problem Solving