MACs Antique Auto Parts ' Classic and Antique Ford
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: $11.50/hr + Incentive + Amazing Benefits + Great Work Environment and Schedule!!!
To support continued growth in our Cartouche Upholstery manufacturing dept we are looking for people who:
- Love to sew and work with their hands.
- Have a passion for cars, the automotive and/or auto parts industry, and/or restorations.
- Enjoy working on a team with a passion for assisting customer to complete their restoration projects.
- Are looking for a career opportunity in which they can learn more about the automotive restoration industry.
- Are looking to be an important part of something important, our company's profitable growth
Position Overview: The Sewer/Sewer Operator is a skilled position requiring understanding of Sewing, Industrial sewing machine operation and understanding of sewing to a pattern. The Sewer Operator will perform multiple functions associated with the manufacturing and production of Cartouche products, including but not limited to:
- Monitor machine operation to ensure quality stitching is maintained.
- Change spools of thread and bobbins as required to match material being sewn for each order.
- Match pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that lots and patterns match.
- Reading and interpreting patterns.
- Must be able to read common measurements, measure and mark accurately.
- Gluing and assembling of panels.
- Cutting, punching and buttoning.
- Guide fabric parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together into an assembly.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as changing needles, oiling, cleaning and re-threading sewing machine.
- Examine and measure finished articles to ensure quality product.
- Cut materials according to specifications, using blades, scissors, or electric knives.
- Position and mark patterns on materials to prepare for sewing.
- Assembling pieces neatly into complete kits.
- Cleaning around work area as well as in warehouse when needed.
- Some general warehouse duties such as boxing, shipping, receiving, stocking.
- 2-5 years’ experience sewing as Hobby (or professional) Experience strongly preferred.
- Experience sewing with upholstery (Auto, Industrial, and Marine) highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective organizational, reasoning, evaluation and follow-through skills required.
- Is considered to be flexible, have the ability to multi- task and embraces change.
- Basic computer skills, including time clock and inventory management/point of sale system.
- High School graduate or equivalent required, technical commercial/industrial sewing training highly preferred.
- Company paid Holiday’s
- Vacation Eligibility (including vacation roll over year over year)
- Company Paid Training
- Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, as well as Employee Assistance Program
- 401(K) and 100% company match on first 3% of your salary.
Work Environment: Job will be primarily located in an upholstery room in a commercial climate controlled warehouse environment. There will be some tasks performed in the warehouse environment which may involve lifting up to 30 lbs occasionally, stocking shelves, general cleaning and organizing.