The Director of Government Lending has overall responsibility for the development and growth of government lending activities to include participation in various USDA Guaranteed Programs as well as the SBA 7a loan program when appropriate and necessary. Additional focus will be placed on the development of full banking relationships to include deposits and treasury management in addition to cross selling other IFH offerings when appropriate. This position will support the business development activities of the West Town brand as it relates to Government Loan Programs and other ancillary products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES
• Provide consultative and technical support to internal lending partners for all USDA Loan Programs including B&I, REAP, CF, WEP and SBA 7a as necessary or practical as well as any other programs the bank decides to actively participate in.
• Manage the individual USDA/Government loan process from application through settlement with a high level of responsiveness, technical lending expertise and communication skills, and in full compliance will all established USDA/SBA program and WTBT lending criteria.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and enhancing relationships with the respective State and appropriate National Office USDA officials.
• Understand and manage the relationship between the risk and reward as it relates to competitively pricing Government Loan products.
• Drive revenue growth and net income to meet or exceed established goals.
• Adheres specifically to all Bank policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
• Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education/Certification: Four-year college degree in a related field such as finance, accounting or business. Formal credit training.
Required Knowledge: Thorough understanding of policies, procedures and regulations related to commercial and Government lending.
Required Experience: Minimum of 10 years of general bank lending (or other related) with 5-8 years of experience in screening, processing and booking Government Loans.
Required Skills: Must have strong computer skills; including a working knowledge of Microsoft ® Office Suite. Ability to read and comprehend as well as write detailed correspondence and memos.
Excellent oral and written communications skills including a strong vocabulary, rules of composition and grammar. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to Bank Board of Directors, Executive Management Team, Loan Officers, Loan Department Staff and customers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages, discounts, commissions and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications. Knowledge of analyzing and reporting financial data. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations simultaneously. Ability to create and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats. Ability to create and manage a complex workflow environment utilizing the loan department staff and software systems that results in efficient and accurate processes. Knowledge of the principles of providing a high level of customer service including the evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Effective presentation and training skills.
Anti Money Laundering