Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Public Consulting Group, Inc (PCG) is seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator to work in our Boston, MA office. The Accounts Payable Coordinator is an essential member of our Accounting Department. He/she maintains communications and builds relationships with outside vendors as well as internal employees, including upper management. The Accounts Payable Coordinator reviews and processes payment for a high volume of vendor invoices, assists in processing the weekly check runs, and maintains vendor files.
Public Consulting Group, Inc (PCG) is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to work in our Boston, MA office. The AP Supervisor is an essential member of our Accounting Department. He/she is a leader of the staff A/P team and ensures communications and builds relationships with outside vendors as well as internal employees, including upper management. The AP Supervisor reviews and assists in payment for a high volume of vendor invoices and assists in processing the weekly check runs. This position also requires the review of all Staff Accounts Payable Coordinator work for accuracy and the training of new Staff hires. The AP Supervisor will perform and assist in certain month end activities and reconciliation including accruals and bank transactions. The AP Supervisor is to act as the liaison between the Staff Accounts Payable members and upper management.
- Supervises Accounts Payable sections, which includes customer vendor relations, and
- Supervises accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company policy and
- Supervises monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements related to Accounts Payable and
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operational staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business
- Supervises team of 3‐4 AP coordinators. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel
- Works closely with AP Manager and Accounting Manager on projects, which could include internal auditing and updating procedures manuals as
- Assist AP Manager with department reporting
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work with a team.
- Solid understanding of accounts payable processing cycles.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook.
- Experience with paperless workflow software preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of an Accounts Payable system, Databasics and Solomon experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Business
- 4‐6 years of work experience in Accounts Payable or related Finance
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience is required
Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Microsoft Dynamics/Solomon accounting system experience
- DataBasics or other Expense System experience