This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
SAIC is seeking a senior-level DoD Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
The perfect candidate will have extensive production, quality, and manufacturing (PQM) experience in major defense acquisition weapon systems; executed PQM duties as a civilian, military or support contractor within a Service-level program office; and served as a staff member of a Service or OSD-level manufacturing organization.
The Manufacturing SME candidate will support the customer to:
- establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing technologies, capabilities, and acquisition workforce competencies;
- conduct manufacturing readiness assessments;
- identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them and then support them until success;
- formulate DoD manufacturing policies, best practices, standards, and activities to implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering;
- liaison between the research and development department and DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of ground-breaking research; and
- assist with DoD workforce development.
Work will be performed primarily at the Pentagon, the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA, and local company offices. Travel will be required, less than 15% of the time, predominantly within the continental United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Industrial Management, or Manufacturing Engineering; or related technical field
- Minimum of 25 years of total experience; with minimum of 15 years in manufacturing and quality
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Active Secret clearance
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry certification)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing and quality statutes, policy, guidance, standards, and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Manufacturing program office experience (multiple program offices desired)
- Experience in developing DoD or Industry manufacturing/quality standards
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing SME/Chief Systems Engineer
. For ongoing news, please visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing SME/Chief Systems Engineer
. For SAIC benefits information, see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing SME/Chief Systems Engineer
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Research And Development